This post goes hand in hand with my last one, A Bakers Dilema
Since eating Paleo for quite some time, and especially since going gluten free, I miss baking for myself!!!! I love the paleo recipes that I have found online, but sometimes I want to have a grain cheat without consuming gluten… Since I just can’t anymore. It’s not pretty.
So I’m on the hunt for a good gluten free substitute. But I have a list of requirements that this flour must meet.
1. Organic or pretty darn close
2. NON GMO. This is more important to me sometimes than organic
3. Corn FREE would be nice since I seem to develop a rash now when I eat corn
4. Soy fre would also be nice, but as long as it’s non GMO soy, i’ll make an exception
5. It must taste AWESOME!!!!! A lot of rice flour blends seem to taste a bit gritty for me. And I don’t want any funky aftertastes either!!!!! If i’m going to have a grain cheat, it had better be worth it!!!!
Do any of you bakers have any suggestions? Have you found the “Holy Grail” of gluten free baking?
I’d also really like to have a gluten free option to offer my customers that is a nice, healthy alternative to the garbage in most gluten free cakes.
Do any of you make your own flour mix? I’d be totally open to trying it out. I would really like to have something perfected by my daughter’s birthday in July.